Saturday, June 26, 2010

This is what happens when you take a nap from 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM and then work from 11:00 PM - 2:30 AM and then don't feel like sleeping:

Rotation and lift
I saw you by the fire and I could tell you were deep
Water and shift
I asked you your name and we had things in common
Love from the Divine
And there was evening, and there was morning, the 6th line
Creation, fall
I showed you my heart and you decided it wasn't for you
Redemption for all
I fell in love again, let there be light

On a less feminine note, I've been playing some disc golf with the number one amateur disc golfer in the state of Kentucky. Yeah, you read that right. Shout out to my boy Jay! May your discs always fly straight.

I was thinking today about how people always talk about being afraid of heights. I've always kind of been confused about it because sometimes I think I'm afraid of heights and other times they don't bother me. For example, I went skydiving a couple years ago and that was awesome. Then today I was standing on like a 4 ft. ladder and almost passed out. But I think I made a huge realization: I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of FALLING. Duh. So obvious, yet so profound. I had never thought of it. Of course I'm not scared of heights, heights are awesome. I'm only scared when I'm up there standin on something slippery or wobbley! Let me give you a little more perspective.

Scenarios:

Standing on a cliff, leaning on a built-in rail = Not scared
Standing on a cliff, being chased by hyenas and there's butter on my feet = Peeing myself

Flying in a plane = Not scared
Flying on the outside of a plane = Scared

In other words, the likelihood of me falling is directly proportional to the amount of fear I experience. I hope we've all learned something here.

I'm putting in a lot of hours at the TIKI ZONE this week so everyone should come out and get a hot dog, ring pop, pretzel, sour straws, flavor ice, icee freeze, minute maid freeze, pretzel, cheetos, fritos, doritos, cool ranch doritos, lays, slim jims, hamburger, cheeseburger, corndog, nachos and cheese, vanilla soft serve, klondike bar, pizza, gatorade, water, and pepsi products. Yes, that is the whole Tiki menu. You're welcome.

-Joshua

P.S. Wambles, add about 20 ™s to that list. Too much effort.



1 comment:

  1. dude. no words. except these. you may make me laugh and smile more than any other human thats skinnier than me but with similar-ish hair (when long)

    ReplyDelete